Well, hopefully you've all heard by now (or most of you) but SHE'S HERE!!! =) Madison Taylor was born on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 3:14pm. She was 7lbs, 6oz, and 20.5 inches long. I was induced on Tuesday night at 5pm. I progressed to 4cm by 830am on Wednesday and then the doctor broke my water. By 1230pm I was a little over 9cm. I started pushing at 1:26pm and she entered the world at 3:14pm. We were kinda shooting for a 3:16pm birth, but I wasn't waiting any longer. :) The recovery process was a little rough. I passed out a couple times due to loss of blood, so I ended up needing a blood transfusion, but we were released to go home on Friday afternoon.
It's been quite the week so far. We've been so blessed with all the support and love from our family and friends. We've had lots of visitors, gifts, and just time spent with family. She had her 1 week check up yesterday and she has gained 4oz and her jaundice is almost completely cleared up. We're so proud of our baby girl!
Here's a couple pictures:
This was just minutes after she was born.
Same here, just with her proud parents! :)
This is a picture of Madison and her cousin, Charlotte. They are exactly 2 weeks apart!
We had our first outing yesterday. We went to Morris (about 10 min away) and visited my mom at her work so she could show her off, then grabbed lunch. She slept the whole time. :)
Mike has been such a HUGE help throughout this whole process. The nurses at the hospital couldn't stop talking about him and how much he helped and was there for me. That obviously continued as we got home. He was able to take off this whole week and is loving the 'stay at home dad' title. He's definitely not looking forward to going back to work Monday and I'm dreading it as well.
I'm sure I'll be posting more frequently now to keep family and friends updated and post pictures. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Congrats Sarah. She is beautiful. Cherish this time because before you know she will be running around and you have to catch her to hug her. I wish you, Mike and Madison all the best for your future. Keep posting I love it.
ReplyDeleteKate