As February is halfway over, this month is closing some doors, but also opening new ones. Friday will be my brother Blake's last basketball game as a Dwight Trojan (For the regular season, at least.) I've enjoyed going to all of his baseball games, track meets, and basketball games. He's had a great season and hopefully his team will go far in the postseason. I'm also looking forward to the 3 point shoot out that he'll be participating in. Last year he advanced to the state finals and finished 20th out of 812. What an accomplishment!! Friday will be a little sad, but I'm so excited to see what his future holds. Hopefully some college sports. :)
Another milestone in my family's life will happen towards the end of the month. My parents will be closing on a new house in Yorkville and packing up 22 years of living in Dwight. What a bittersweet moment that will be. We all grew up in that house and have so many memories. I'm so happy for my parents new journey and moving into a new house which happens to only be 20 min away from us instead of the 35 min drive to Dwight. :-) Dad will have less maintenance to do and Mom can decorate and make the landscaping how she wants it starting from scratch. It also backs up to a golf course, so you know Blake is thrilled! My grandma will be moving in with them and although I'm sure she has mixed emotions, it'll be good for her to have someone with her on a more frequent basis.
Well, I think that's all for today. Kids will be going down for a nap soon and I need to eat some lunch so I can relax while they're sleeping. I started getting Braxton Hicks contractions over the weekend and yesterday they got a little worse but went away after I rested a little. We get to see our little boy tomorrow and I'm so excited for that! Hoping he looks great and is as big as he's supposed to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment